The Cal Poly Sailing Team welcomes any Cal Poly student to join. Prior sailing experience is not required. There will be several clinics at the beginning of the new school year (and throughout the school year on an as-needed basis) that allow new & prospective members to test the team before paying full membership dues.
For more information please email email@example.com or show up to one of our Tuesday weekly meetings at 8 P.M. PST in Fisher 286! (info will be in our GroupMe bio)
Membership dues for 2021 – 2022 are $300 per year or $120 per quarter. Clinic dues are $15, and if you decide to join the team, this will count towards your membership dues.
Question about club dues? Contact out Treasurer Ryan Schackel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be an official member, join the club on Cal Poly Now and complete the following forms. Most forms needed to participate can be found on the Resources and Forms page on the Cal Poly Club Sports website. The page is linked below, and once on the page, select “Participation Agreement” under the “Participant Forms” tab. After completing the forms, let the treasurer know.
Club Sports is allowing us to formally practice again! Before you head out on the water, make sure you submitted your Club Sports participation form!
In addition to the Club Sports regulations, before going out, please review our sanitation guidelines:
- Masks will be worn at all times and cannot be the gaiter-type.
- There will be a tub of hand sanitizer provided for teammates to use upon arrival.
- Boats, dollies, and anything else we use will be sanitized at the end of each practice using the following method:
- Mix a gallon of water with simple green and use a spray bottle to clean all surfaces commonly touched: tiller, blocks, lines, and deck.
- If any teammate were to test positive for the virus, all practices would cease until the appropriate contact tracing and self-isolation had ensued.